Installing RESTYLEgc, just for neophytes

donnietheg

Sep 10, 2010, 11:40:06 AM9/10/10
to RESTYLEgc
I know that most people will know all this, but it took me a while to
figure out, so I thought I would write it down to save neophytes like
myself some time.

To install Restlyegc into your Web page FIrst put <iframe
src="restylegc.php?src=user%40domain.tld"></iframe> where you want it
in your Web page.

Then you have to put the proper path to your restylegc.php. I used an
absolute path so that I could test that I have the right path by
pasting the url directly into a browser.

for example <iframe src="http://www.myurl.com/includes/js/
restylegooglecal/restylegc.php?

Next you have to replace src=user%40domain.tld with a valid Google
Calendar account.as well as adding other string parameters that effect
the appearance of your calendar, for example whether you want to show
the montly, weekly or agenda style. There is a list of these in
restylegc.php,

But, the easiest way I know to set all the parameters is to go into
your Google Calendar account. Click on the "Settings/Calendar
Settings" link at the top of the page, then clicking on the "Calendar"
tab on the Calendar settings page. Select the calendar you want to
embed from the list (btw, make sure it is public!).

Scroll down to the "Embed This Calendar" section and click on the
link: "Customize the color, size, and other options". Use the
interface to style the calendar as you wish.

Then from the "Copy and paste the HTML below to include this calendar
on your webpage" code box find src= and take everything except
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?, paste that string after the
restylegc.php? in your iframe code. Here is my example.

<iframe src="http://www.*myurl*.com/includes/js/restylegc/
restylegc.php?
showTitle=0&amp;showDate=0&amp;showNav=0&amp;showPrint=0&amp;showTabs=0&amp;showCalendars=0&amp;showTz=0&amp;mode=AGENDA&amp;height=280&amp;wkst=1&amp;bgcolor=
%23ffffff&amp;src=*myaccountnumber*group.calendar.google.com&amp;color=
%23AB8B00&amp;ctz=America%2FNew_York"></iframe>

Test your page. Hope this helps.