Electric outlets at field

Dave Langridge

Aug 3, 2014, 11:24:14 PM8/3/14
to club...@googlegroups.com, rd...@googlegroups.com

Just a quick question to the person(s) who put the waterproof outlet covers on at the field.

Where are the GASKETS for the covers??

Today ALL of the outlets at the South end had a quantity of water in them. As they are live it might be reasonable to expect that the covers are actually waterproof!! The club is quite possibly at risk of being sued if anyone gets electocuted by this lack of care.

It might also be worth knocking out one of the cable exit blanks on the bottom so that any water that does get in can escape and not build up to, eventually, short out the sockets.

Dave L

Dave Hockaday

Aug 4, 2014, 12:35:50 AM8/4/14
to rd...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, Dave. Also, all of the power was out, when I was out there.
Looked like even the meter on the side of the building was dead. May
have just been a power outage, but everything was dead, for sure.

Dave

John Knoy

Aug 4, 2014, 8:55:04 AM8/4/14
to rd...@googlegroups.com
Dave and Dave,

Thanks for catching the gasket issue. We will get right on that. Just for your information, each power post receptacle was installed with a dedicated  Ground Fault Interrupter for shock protection. The GFI for each power post is located in the main breaker box.

John

Dave Hockaday

Aug 4, 2014, 9:04:28 AM8/4/14
to rd...@googlegroups.com
Quoting John Knoy <rcnu...@gmail.com>:

> Dave and Dave,
>
> Thanks for catching the gasket issue. We will get right on that. Just for
> your information, each power post receptacle was installed with a
> dedicated Ground Fault Interrupter for shock protection. The GFI for each
> power post is located in the main breaker box.
>
> John

Right on, that's good. I didn't see the water in the receptacles, just
noticed the power on the building was out. There was a storm in the
distance to the south, so the power at the site may have very well be
out because of that.

Dave L got me to thinking... I just installed a new outdoor switch on
the back deck for the fan and lighting in the gazebo. Guess what... I
forgot to put the gaskets in and it also had water in it. Glad it was
on a GFI as well! :-)

Dave H

Josh Bunn

Aug 4, 2014, 9:32:18 AM8/4/14