ap: Janet Jackson Sorry for Lack of Humor (at LA HRC Dinner)

Tom Dempsey

Jun 19, 2005, 11:24:46 PM6/19/05
to Queer...@googlegroups.com, QueerM...@googlegroups.com, QueerMass...@googlegroups.com, QueerM...@googlegroups.com, QueerMi...@googlegroups.com, QueerMis...@googlegroups.com, QueerM...@googlegroups.com, QueerM...@googlegroups.com, QueerN...@googlegroups.com, Queer...@googlegroups.com

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Janet Jackson was in no mood for jokes when she got a cheeky introduction from actoc Alan Cumming as she received a humanitarian award from a gay rights group.

After Cumming joked that she was never one for controversy, Jackson apologized for her own lack of humor in her first public appearance since brother Michael Jackson\'s acquittal on child molestation charges.

\"My family and I have just gone through the least humorous chapter of our lives,\" she explained in accepting the award Saturday night from the Human Rights Campaign. \"I\'m going to leave the jokes to the late-night (comics), if that\'s OK.\"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/people_janet_jackson;_ylt=An7UsBB1NCnexiNJ0GMsINIEtbAF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

http://tinyurl.com/c2qko