Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Patrick McMullen

no leída,
4 abr 2022, 10:57:264/4/22
a QCW Membership Google Group

To All Queen City Wheels Members:

QCW is pleased to announce the start of the 49th Annual Cleves Time Trial Season, the longest running time trial series in the country!  As in prior years, it will commence on the first Tuesday in May and run weekly through the last Tuesday in September.

There is, of course, no fee to race.  However, it is imperative that all participants be current members of Queen City Wheels.  The annual membership fee for a single rider is $30.00 per year ($50/Family).  Membership credentials will be verified at the start line during check-in.  Please visit qcw.org for further details and http://bikereg.com/ to join.

As usual, participants should park in the gravel lot adjacent to the William Henry Harrison monument in North Bend (the finish line) before proceeding to the start line at the corner of Lower River Rd. and Carter St. in Cleves.  You are strongly encouraged to sign in with the volunteer at the start line by no later than 6:30 PM.  All riders will be assigned a start number at 6:55.  The first rider will be sent off promptly at 7:00.

Since the Covid pandemic is now mostly behind us, we are planning to return to some of the traditions that were in place during prior years.  For 2022, it is our intent to send riders off in 30 second increments.  Participants will have the option of being held at the start.  Rolling (track stand) starts will no longer be permitted.

Although it is our intent to provide results on site at the completion of each event, official results will be sent out within 24-48 hours.

As a reminder, this event does not cancel due to weather.  However, the start could be delayed pending lightning in the immediate area.

Finally, please understand that the continuation of this event depends on a constant flow of willing volunteers to assist on site.  If you or one of your friends or family members can help, please let the Event Coordinator know which week you are available.  And don’t forget to mention this event to all of your cycling friends.  A time trial is a great way to track your performance improvement through the course of a season.

In the meantime, all questions should be forwarded via text or email to either of the Cleves TT Event Co-Directors:

            Pat McMullen                                                Ginny Lenahan

            pmcmul...@gmail.com                        ginnyl...@gmail.com

            (513) 314-9295                                             (513) 703-8467

Thanks in advance for another great year.  We look forward to seeing everyone beginning on May 3rd!

Dale Eads

no leída,
4 abr 2022, 11:07:164/4/22
a Patrick McMullen,QCW Membership Google Group
Thank you Pat , appreciate QCWs time and effort you all put into Cleves !

Chuck Gibson

no leída,
4 abr 2022, 15:24:454/4/22
a pmcmul...@gmail.com,QCW Membership Google Group
Patrick & Ginny,

Thank you so much for all you are doing and have done to keep the Cleves Time Trial going. I am so happy to hear this great event will continue again for 2022.

Hope I'll get out to see you there this season,

Chuck

Best regards,

Chuck Gibson
Freelance Journalist