visibility of src/main/resources/application.properties in test

V. Sevel

Oct 29, 2020, 5:38:17 AM10/29/20
to Quarkus Development mailing list
hello,
an empty src/test/resources/application.properties seems to shadow existing properties in src/main/resources/application.properties

what is the best practice to add/override test properties on top of an existing non empty src/main/resources/application.properties (i.e. without copy/pasting all properties from src/main into src/test)?
thanks

Roberto Cortez

Oct 29, 2020, 6:39:53 AM10/29/20
to vvs...@gmail.com, Quarkus Development mailing list
Hi,

You may want to set test profile properties. Check here:

When running tests, the “test” profile is automatically activated. So you can override any property by using %test.property.name. You can place all of these in the main application properties file.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Roberto

V. Sevel

Oct 29, 2020, 7:15:04 AM10/29/20
to Quarkus Development mailing list
I am not fond of adding test specific properties into the src/main/resources/application.properties
I believe springboot has more flexibility: you can put an application-test.properties in src/test, and it will be merged with application.properties from src/main
one way I was able to do it is by using a programmatic profile and loading an alternate file src/test/resources/application-test.properties myself in getConfigOverrides().
but we do not want users to do this. there should be native support in quarkus for that kind of pattern.

Roberto Cortez

Oct 30, 2020, 6:41:26 AM10/30/20
to vvs...@gmail.com, Quarkus Development mailing list
Hi,

There is already some work going to provide more flexibility:

The support will be there. Hopefully, soon :)

Cheers,
Roberto

V. Sevel

Oct 30, 2020, 7:45:43 AM10/30/20
to Quarkus Development mailing list
thanks for the links. I added my comments in the issue.