Module 1.0 Introduction to Functional Programming

Mark Tarver

Jun 17, 2022, 10:13:28 AM6/17/22
to Shen
We're still on level one courses and in this module I step back to 1.0 to introduce functional programming.  Nothing new for the experten, but hopefully entertaining at least.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Jun 26, 2022, 2:43:16 PM6/26/22
to Shen
The new Shen site has analytics on all 1788 web pages; since the formation of the Education Channel, traffic has gone
up 30% to over 4000 web pages over the last month.

Mark

emum

Jun 26, 2022, 4:06:15 PM6/26/22
to Shen
More specifically how would you explain the jump? Are these bot that pivoted to the site from youtube or are these real users who watched the videos and became curious about shen? Where are these users geographically and how many unique new users does the 30% represent?

Mark Tarver

Jun 26, 2022, 4:44:18 PM6/26/22
to qil...@googlegroups.com
I used to spend a lot of time looking at these figures.  Geographically, about 25% of viewers come from the USA.
But I noticed a lot from China.   There's a few coming from old reddit and Y combinator threads but the majority
have no referring link.  Countries - well reading off the display for the last 24 hours

California,
Quebec
Belgium
Poland
Japan
S. Korea
Toronto
Honduras
Spain
Sydney
New York
Russian Federation

etc etc.   Can't keep typing this stuff.

As said there is a hike after the date the videos began.   Sure they're real.  I don't think a bot can pivot off the videos because the
links are displayed in the videos  not in HTML.   Other stats -  I don't know without diving deeper.

M.