Language server not available in Pyscripter 4.1.1.0 x64 portable (zip)

Lorenz

Jan 13, 2022, 1:10:19 PMJan 13
to PyScripter
Hi,
I'm facing this problem with Pyscripter 4.1.1.0 x64 portable (zip): autocompletion does not work.

The Language Server indicator at the right of the PyScripter Status bar is gray and the tooltip says: "Language server: not available".

I also tried to restart the Language Server (Tools => Restart Language Server) but nothing changes.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers,
Lorenzo

PyScripter

Jan 15, 2022, 6:56:30 AMJan 15
to PyScripter
I assume that python works OK otherwise.  (Interpreter, running and debugging scripts).
Does the directory you installed PyScripter contain spaces?   Someone else reported that when the directory contains spaces the language server is not available.

Lorenz

Jan 15, 2022, 9:40:36 AMJan 15
to PyScripter
Thank you very much for your prompt reply and your help!!!

I tried to unzip Pyscripter in a directory without spaces and now the langauge server works fine!!!

Sorry for the trivial question.. But.. Is there anything I can do to make the languange server works even if PyScripter starts from a directory with spaces? I'm using a company laptop and I've not many chances to change paths.

Thank you again.

Lorenzo