Editor shortcut to toggle comment lines

Marcelo Bergweiler

Jan 21, 2022, 12:44:23 PM1/21/22
to PyScripter
Under Edit.Source_Code there is a Toggle_Comment option, but the corresponding keyboard shortcut entry is empty in my installation (PyScripter 4.1.1.0).  Is this a feature which is not yet available? I can not believe there is no keystroke to toggle comments on and off.

Marcelo Bergweiler

Jan 25, 2022, 9:16:30 AM1/25/22
to PyScripter
Ok, so I installed version 4.1.1.0 in another PC, and that entry in the menu is not empty (CTRL- ' ), and it also works toggling from the keyboard. Now the mystery is, how to reconfigure it (I confess I had tried to reassign it), but the option "Toggle Comment" is not present in the shortcut editor. There is an option "Comment Block", which  I have added to the enabled keystrokes, but it has no effect.  So my question now is, how to reassign it. There is this possibility to export the assignments as an INI file, but with cryptic key codes.

Marcelo Bergweiler

Jan 25, 2022, 10:40:19 AM1/25/22
to PyScripter
Mistery solved, the "Toggle Comment" keystroke setting can be edited  not under the editor shortcuts,
but  in Tools.Options.IDE_Shortcuts.Categories.Source_Code.