Minor but Annoying Keyboard Accelerator Issue

Susan M

May 18, 2021, 11:53:31 PM5/18/21
to PyScripter
I am very used to the Alt, F, A sequence to get to the Save As command, in much software.

But in PyScripter the A is used twice in File which means I will have to relearn some muscle memory.

I note that accelerators are duplicated on other menus, and that is fine, but this particular one in the File menu, is annoying.

Not a huge big deal, but I wonder if anyone else thinks it would be nice for it to be changed?

Opera Snapshot_2021-05-19_134701_www.photopea.com.png

Susan.

PyScripter

May 19, 2021, 2:46:34 AM5/19/21
to PyScripter
Oops.  Please submit an issue at  Issues · pyscripter/pyscripter (github.com) and it will be fixed in the next release.

Peet Morris

May 19, 2021, 3:49:16 AM5/19/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

Good catch!

image001.png

Susan M

May 19, 2021, 4:07:56 AM5/19/21
to PyScripter
Thanks. The other menus also have duplicated accelerator keys, but since they are not used as "standard" I don't think they matter as much, although F and R in the Search menu might bother someone?

Peet Morris

May 19, 2021, 11:58:32 AM5/19/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

Probably happened because these days those underlines tend to be hidden by default these days, and to turn them on you need to go through

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use\Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys

Peet

Susan M

May 20, 2021, 6:54:10 PM5/20/21
to PyScripter
You don't need to have them always turned on, or go through accessibility settings. In many programs tapping the Alt key makes them magically appear in the menus. That is a "trick" I have always done and it seems to work most everywhere when there is a menu bar along the top on the window. Tending towards being perfectionist and pedantic I will always notice if accelerators collide!