Editor support for f-strings

Weevil

Nov 26, 2023, 8:10:09 AM11/26/23
to PyScripter
I have started to use f-strings (PEP 498) quite a lot with my  print output. However it seems that PyScripter editor does not support it, at least out-of-the-box. Am I missing something?

PyScripter

Nov 26, 2023, 9:10:50 AM11/26/23
to PyScripter
I you referring to syntax highlighting, I have opened a new issue  Syntax highlight f-strings · Issue #1278 · pyscripter/pyscripter (github.com) .  Hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.

Weevil

Nov 30, 2023, 8:55:54 AM11/30/23
to PyScripter
I’m sorry about the delay in my commenting.
What I’m targeting is typing support. When I start typing a f-string and type f’ there isn’t automatically added the second hyphen by the editor. If I insert it by keyboard and inside the string try to insert a pair of curly braces I expect that the closing curly brace will be added by the editor.
Steps  should be
When I type f’ it should become f’’ and when I insert a curly brace into the string f’{‘ the editor should add the closing brace by itself so that the outcome is f’{}’
I hope that I succeeded to make it clear what I’m targeting at.

PyScripter

Nov 30, 2023, 9:31:39 AM11/30/23
to PyScripter
I see.  I have update the Issue title and description.