Copying/Using Editor Code

Peet Morris

Jun 4, 2021, 10:28:07 AMJun 4
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

I often have to copy code into, for example, PowerPoint presentations.  Is there any mechanism for copying cpde out of the PyScripter editor so that it retains syntax colouring (.rtf, .html etc)?

And/Or

Is it possible to access the various themes’ settings (are they in something like a config/ini file); so that, for example, they could be easily ported for use (mimicking) in something like Notepad++ please?

Thanks,

Peet

PyScripter

Jun 4, 2021, 2:25:43 PMJun 4
to PyScripter
Currently you can copy formatted coded, but I will be probably be adding that in the next version.

The editor syntax themes are accessible through Tools, Options, Editor Options, Color Theme themes.  This allows you to select from a wide choice of themes.  You can customize any theme using  Tools, Options, Editor Options, Syntax Colors.  You can also export your current syntax colors to a settings file.   The provided themes are stored under Program Data\PyScripter\themes.

There have also been a couple of blog posts on customizing themes at  the PyScripter Blog.  e.g.  PyScripter: Themes