Code Explorer and Code Completion Stopped Working

Carey

Jun 10, 2024, 11:25:56 AMJun 10
to PyScripter
I'm using PS 4.3.4.0 on Windows 10 64.

I was using Python 3.12.3 and everything in PS was working as expected.

I upgraded Python from 3.12.3 to 3.12.4, and both Code Explorer and Code Completion drop down list stopped working.

I also have Python 3.11.6 installed on my system.  If I switch the Python version to 3.11, both Code Explorer and Code Completion start working again.  If I toggle back to Python 3.12.4, Code Explorer will continue to work, but Code Completion will no longer work.

What can I do you get Code Explorer and Code Completion working again with Python 3.12.4?

Thanks.

PyScripter

Jun 10, 2024, 5:30:51 PMJun 10
to PyScripter
Indeed python 3.12.4 broke code completion.  To fix:
Code completion should now work.

PyScripter

Jun 10, 2024, 5:32:03 PMJun 10
to PyScripter
A forthcoming version will fix this, as well as add new exciting features! (hint).

Carey

Jun 10, 2024, 5:59:23 PMJun 10
to PyScripter
That fixed it.  Thank you!  It was a frustrating day with that broken.

When can we look forward to the new version being available?