Active Tab Colour Option

Peet Morris

Jun 2, 2021, 12:07:17 PM6/2/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

It’s probably just me, but I find the ‘Windows 10 Slate Grey’ scheme lovely, but also that I get confused as which tab is active (multiple modules open).  Just wondering if anyone else has this ‘problem’?

c.f., with ‘Windows 10 Dark‘ – as an example - I can more easily spot that PassWordGen1.py is the active tab (it is, in both snapshots).  Whereas …

… with ‘Windows 10 Slate Grey’, to me it seems as though PassWordGen2.py is the active tab – probably because of the darker background on PassWordGen1.py:  The active tab in the first image has a lighter back-colour, whereas it’s darker in the other; so I see the lighter background in the second as being active perhaps? I don’t know.

So, curious to know whether it’s just me; from a UX/UI point of view really.

Peet

image001.png
image002.png

PyScripter

Jun 2, 2021, 12:17:55 PM6/2/21
to PyScripter
Hi Peet,

I am not a UI designer and I have not designed the styles myself.  However, with the Windows 10 Slate gray, you can easily see which tab is active, thanks to the distinctive line at the top of the active tab.