Python not detected in version 4.0.0

Corti Corti

May 21, 2021, 9:32:34 AM5/21/21
to PyScripter
Hi all,

we currently have in our company a very old version 2.6 (32 bits) running just fine.
recently I tried to jump to 4.0.0 32 bits but when it starts it throws the error that
PyScripter could not load a Python engine.

when I go to Tools, the option Python Path is grey out.

Surprisingly I tried to install the 3.6.4 version 32 bits and it run perfectly.

Is this a bug? is there some additional steps to follow for version 4?
we have installed Python 2.7.16 (32 bits).

Many thanks.

PyScripter

May 21, 2021, 3:42:11 PM5/21/21
to PyScripter
You are probably use Python 2.x.  Compatibility with python 2 was dropped in version 4.  You can still use older versions of course when using python 2.