Code commenting

Mitch Barnett

Jan 14, 2014, 3:17:11 PM1/14/14
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
When toggling comments Pyscripter adds double hash signs (##) is there a way to change it to only putting a single hash sign(#)?

ABarbosa

Mar 5, 2014, 12:18:49 PM3/5/14
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
I'm also looking (wishing) for it!

Ken Hill

Aug 30, 2021, 7:41:59 PM8/30/21
to PyScripter
I also would like to change to 1 hash sign for comments.

PyScripter

Aug 31, 2021, 3:47:00 PM8/31/21
to PyScripter
This a kind of an old tradition in python to distinguish standard comments from regions of code commented out.

For example:
  • open IDLE
  • File New
  • type a few lines of python code and select them
  • from the menu do Format, Comment out region
It places two hash symbols ## at the beginning of each line.

PyScripter follows this old tradition.  This also makes it easy to reverse this action without facing the danger of affecting simple comments.

Ken Hill

Sep 1, 2021, 10:00:32 AM9/1/21
to PyScripter
Thanks for the background.  As a beginner, I might as well aspire for "pythonic" from the start.  :)