Pyscripter with ArcGis Desktop - Can't find Python Engine

Bill Richards

Mar 12, 2022, 7:54:07 PMMar 12
to PyScripter
I have hit the dreaded "Could not load a python engine" error on a fresh install of Pyscripter!
I use Pyscripter in ver. 2.6.0.0 (x86) on a laptop with the Pyhton27 installation from ArcGis10.7 - it has worked great for over 7 years!
Now, I install ArcGis 10.8 on a new laptop, so want to use Pyscripter - download and install the 32-bit version of Pyscripter, but when run, it won't find the Python installation!
Lots of stuff on internet about ArcGis Por, but this is desktop.
Any suggestions other than the obvious (make sure to be using the 32-bit version, etc)?

Bill
North Idaho College
Dept. of Geosciences