How to disable tab indent indicator

Hil tronix

Nov 6, 2022, 5:12:41 PM11/6/22
to PyScripter
First of all, thank you to PyScripter for releasing version 4.2!

After upgrading to 4.2, from 4.1.1 (I think it was) grey dotted vertical lines now appear after if, else, try, except, finally, to indicate required tab indents.  Something I feel I have had turned off in the past.

I like a clean unobstructed view of my code, I don't like seeing these vertical indicators.  How can I turn them off?  Code folding is disabled.  I've been through all the settings, looking and experimenting, and I can't figure it out.  I'm certain this was disabled or not a feature in 4.1.1, and has either been added or was force enabled during the update to 4.2.

Thanks.

PyScripter

Nov 6, 2022, 5:22:19 PM11/6/22
to PyScripter
Sorry about this.   Due to changes in the Editor component, that option is no longer available.
I have opened an issue ( Add Option to show/hide indentation guides · Issue #1181 · pyscripter/pyscripter (github.com)) and this will be fixed in 4.2.1 along with other issues that might be reported.   Hopefully it will not take long before the new release.

PyScripter

Nov 9, 2022, 10:05:25 PM11/9/22
to PyScripter
Fixed in 4.2.1.

You can hide indentation guides through Tools, Options, IDE Options, Editor, "Indentation guides".

Hil tronix

Nov 10, 2022, 12:54:30 AM11/10/22
to PyScripter
I just installed 4.2.1, tried it, and it's now back to my preferred code view.
Thank you for making the change so it's an optional feature!  Much appreciated. :)