Cursor jumps when hitting dot

nnms

Feb 10, 2021, 1:19:42 PMFeb 10
to PyScripter
I installed the current version of PyScripter after using an old version for a long time. PyScripter is my favorite Python IDE to work in. However, there is some new behavior that has proved to be very annoying. Here is a scenario that has come up:

  1. I have a command that I type:
    plot(...)
  2. I realize that I forgot to put the package before the plot command. I try to type "plt." so that I get:
    plt.plot(...)
  3. However, when I hit the dot '.' the cursor jumps to the of plot and I get:
    pltplot.(...)
Why is it doing this and how do I make it stop? Is there a configuration option for this? This kind of thing has happened several times and it really slows development down since I have to try and avoid this kind of thing happening.

-Lance Larsen

PyScripter

Feb 10, 2021, 11:58:23 PMFeb 10
to PyScripter
This has been fixed in version control and the fix will be available in the next version.  Please see  Odd movement of insertion point in editor (google.com) for a workaround.

Lance Larsen

Feb 11, 2021, 11:14:34 AMFeb 11
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

Ok. Thanks. Good to know that this is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. Maybe I will install an older version for now.

-Lance

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

A lsalam

Feb 17, 2021, 5:30:02 AMFeb 17
to PyScripter
thanks so much for everyone

Peet Morris

Feb 17, 2021, 10:13:17 AMFeb 17
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

Don’t hold your breath though.

PyScripter

Apr 16, 2021, 5:52:33 AMApr 16
to PyScripter
Could you please try version 4.0.0 and confirm the issue is fixed?

Piero Bradley

Apr 16, 2021, 9:39:46 AMApr 16
to PyScripter
It seems to have been fixed, at least in the cases where I saw it happening. Thanks.