Suggestion for PyScripter

Joseph Schachner

Feb 1, 2022, 4:26:32 PM2/1/22
to PyScripter
When I try to copy some Python source out of Pyscripter, it has black spaces when pasted into an Outlook email (gmail avoids that).   To avoid that I paste the snippet into Notepad++, and copy it from there to paste into an Outlook email.

Suggestion is since text is black on white spaces should be whitespace, also.  This has something to do with how text is copied to the clipboard.

---- Joseph S.

PyScripter

Feb 1, 2022, 4:43:07 PM2/1/22
to PyScripter
Thanks.  I am aware of this issue related to the HTML format.  If you paste to Powerpoint it shows OK, but in other applications it does not.   Could you please create an issue at the PyScripter bug tracker?

Joseph Schachner

Feb 1, 2022, 5:26:48 PM2/1/22
to PyScripter
Reply from PyScripter made me think of a better solution.  In Outlook, set message format to plain text.  Paste in snippet copied from Pyscripter.  Set message format back to HTML.  Voila, stays black on white characters with white spaces.  I realize this is still not ideal, but it's better than what I was doing.

I do have  Git account but I am currently working from home and do not have the account login info with me here, so I could not create an issue in the PyScripter bug tracker. Sorry.
-- Joseph S.