PyScripter 4.1 is coming. Seeking feedback.

PyScripter

Sep 30, 2021, 7:02:40 AM9/30/21
to PyScripter

BBands

Sep 30, 2021, 10:12:32 AM9/30/21
to PyScripter Group
Does this mean we will have to be online to use PyScripter?

Best,

    John

PyScripter

Sep 30, 2021, 10:14:29 AM9/30/21
to PyScripter
Hi John,

No, the Language Server process runs locally.

Regards

Kiriakos

BBands

Sep 30, 2021, 11:54:30 AM9/30/21
to PyScripter Group
OK, I will start testing tomorrow.

Thanks for PyScripter!

John
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pyscripter/f2047947-b76a-4c15-805e-6807d803f719n%40googlegroups.com.

Susan M

Sep 30, 2021, 10:20:49 PM9/30/21
to PyScripter
Awesome, will try it out soon!

PyScripter

Oct 11, 2021, 1:01:13 PM10/11/21
to PyScripter
Any feedback??

pjinturin

Oct 12, 2021, 5:07:03 AM10/12/21
to PyScripter
I have used it a little and it seems to work very well. The only suggestion I have right now is to show a message when the language server is restarted, like when the remote interpreter is initialised.

On Monday, 11 October 2021 at 19:01:13 UTC+2 PyScripter wrote:
Any feedback??

Adolph CS

Oct 16, 2021, 11:38:25 AM10/16/21
to PyScripter
I have a problem with the "Python Versions" function since PyScripter 3.6.4. and persists with this new version. It works fine for me up to PyScripter 3.6.3 so I stuck with it.
I've some virtual environments created by virtualenvwrapper (indeed is a virtualenv wrapper, of course). I add a new Unregistered Python Version using "Setup Python Versions...", then test it using "Test selected Python version..." and works fine, but when press "Activate selected Python version...", PyScripter exits without message or anything.
If I add the new unregistered python version, test it and it's fine, I close the form and exit from PyScripter. Then I open it again, and try to select the created Python version, it happen the same.
Looking for a solution, I found that somewhere you mentioned that new versions of PyScripter needed virtualenv version 20+, so I updated virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper, but the problem continues.
I use other IDEs, but I like PyScripter because it has a portable version and it is practical for small projects and simply writing and testing one or a few scripts without having to create a complex project, which can also be but is not required.
I'll continue working with 3.6.3 version until I found a solution.

Thanks all

PD: my virtual environments are located in  %USERPROFILE%\Envs  and  PyScripter is located in %USERPROFILE%\PyScripter

El lunes, 11 de octubre de 2021 a la(s) 13:01:13 UTC-4, PyScripter escribió:
Any feedback??

PyScripter

Oct 16, 2021, 2:55:13 PM10/16/21
to PyScripter
On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 6:38:25 PM UTC+3 ajcs.de wrote:

This is off-topic.  Please email google support email and I will respond.  A directory listing of the virtualenv you failed to activate would help.