How to display the full string in watch?

Susan M

Jul 19, 2021, 11:35:04 PM7/19/21
to PyScripter
Hi,

Am busy using PyScripter today, and loving it.

But when I have a string in a variable it is abbreviated with ... in the middle when shown in the pop-up and the variables or watch panes.

Even when the row in Watch pane has plenty of empty space, only the same shortened text from the pop-up is shown. (The string is not that long, and could fit in the pane.)

pyscripter-watch.png

Have I missed something that allows the whole string to be seen? Or is it simply not possible to view the full string?

Thanks!
Susan.

PyScripter

Jul 22, 2021, 12:48:41 PM7/22/21
to PyScripter
You can get the full string in the Interpreter window.

dbg >> str

PyScripter

Jul 22, 2021, 12:49:28 PM7/22/21
to PyScripter
I meant
>> sql

Susan M

Jul 28, 2021, 1:35:58 AM7/28/21
to PyScripter
Thanks for the tip!

That sounds obvious now that you mention it, but I hadn't thought of doing that before!