Dropdown problem

jbel...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2021, 3:28:33 PM11/22/21
to PyScripter
I don't know how to call this problem in topic...

I found bug and think it is been solved or not?!?!

If we writte variable name and set cursor in front of variable and then start to writte function name, when dropdown shows list of function and we pick one of them, it deletes the variable in front of function, pictures down...

OS Win10, PyScripter 4.1.1.0 x86 32 bit

1.JPG2.JPG

PyScripter

Nov 22, 2021, 4:24:14 PM11/22/21
to PyScripter
This is by design.  Other IDE's eg. Delphi behave in a similar manner.

What may want to do is to enable "Complete with word break characters"  (Tools, Options, IDE Options, Code Completion).  With that option you can type "(" while print is displayed in the Code completion list and it will complete without overwriting the remaining character.  Please try it.

On Monday, November 22, 2021 at 10:28:33 PM UTC+2 jbel

Jadranko Belusic

Nov 23, 2021, 11:09:18 AM11/23/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
I try your suggestion but unsuccessfully.

This is not deal breaker, this is not so often...

Jadranko Belušić
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jadranko-belu%C5%A1i%C4%87-818231176/

PyScripter

Nov 23, 2021, 4:25:19 PM11/23/21
to PyScripter
What do you mean unsuccesfully?
say you got a line starting with abc.  You go before and start typing.

prabc
  ^
The code completion pops up with print selected.  You press "("

With "Complete with word break characters" enabled you should be getting

print(abc

I am testing that with PyScripter 4.1.1

Jadranko Belusic

Nov 23, 2021, 4:29:35 PM11/23/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
I misunderstood the explanation, I will try and report the outcome, thanx

Jadranko Belusic

Nov 24, 2021, 11:38:12 AM11/24/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
Thanx it works great.