How to import a hidden directory?

jf...@ms4.hinet.net

Nov 12, 2022, 3:46:50 AM11/12/22
to PyScripter
Under Windows 8.1 and PyScripter 4.1.1 to create a new project, how to import a hidden directory?

PyScripter

Nov 12, 2022, 3:51:29 AM11/12/22
to PyScripter
In Windows File Explorer you can select to show hidden items.  I do not have access to Windows 8.1, but I recall it was part of a dialog with settings.

Then you can work with the hidden directory as if it was not hidden (File open etc.).   The alternative is to unhide it.

jf...@ms4.hinet.net

Nov 12, 2022, 6:09:48 AM11/12/22
to PyScripter
Change the directory attribute to "unhide" is the last alternative I will consider:-)

Yes, there are many app which has option of showing the hidden directory/file, but not in the "Import Directory" dialog in PyScripter :-(

PyScripter 在 2022年11月12日 星期六下午4:51:29 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

PyScripter

Nov 17, 2022, 5:27:00 PM11/17/22
to PyScripter
I am not sure about Windows 8.1, but in Windows >10,  the dialog shows hidden directories, if the File Explorer is setup to show hidden files.
Time to upgrade Windows? :)

jf...@ms4.hinet.net

Nov 17, 2022, 8:27:34 PM11/17/22
to PyScripter
Oh, it's great to know that the PyScripter use file explorer to import directory! Yes, after setting the file explorer to show the hidden item, it is working now. Thank you.

PyScripter 在 2022年11月18日 星期五清晨6:27:00 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: