Help with PyScrypter sources, finding specific function

Rares Dorin Porutiu

Sep 24, 2021, 11:01:47 AM9/24/21
to PyScripter
DelphiPython.jpg
Hello,
    I recompiled PyScripter with Embarcadero free version (very hard to do since line compiler is disabled and install of packages does not work), in order to insert a small but important automation.
    I want to integrate pyscripter in a python Tkinter GUI editor that I am writing, looks and acts like Delphi only with python.
    I needed to Save All files and then after update from disk (when files are modified externally by adding an event procedure ) GOTO File and (ccc:lll)
    I accomplished Save All through a UDP server I added , that already works.
    The command line that goes to file column and line is very slow for a RAD, I would like to do it by calling functions in the software, but I CANNOT FIND IT IN THE CODE
Please help me find the implementation of this facility:

pyscripter "filename (lll:ccc)"

so I can automate it by UPD connection, much faster

Thank you

PyScripter

Sep 24, 2021, 12:00:16 PM9/24/21
to PyScripter
Sounds very interesting what you are trying to do.

The functionality you mention is implemented in

function TPyIDEMainForm.JumpToFilePosInfo(FilePosInfo: string): boolean;
which uses the related
function TPyIDEMainForm.ShowFilePosition(FileName : string; Line: integer = 0;
      Offset : integer = 1; SelLen : integer = 0;
      ForceToMiddle : Boolean = True; FocusEditor : Boolean = True): Boolean;

Is that what you were looking for?

Rares Dorin Porutiu

Sep 24, 2021, 12:34:55 PM9/24/21
to PyScripter
Yes , thanks, it seems this is is , but I do not know FilePosInfo string format, I tried several and did not match it.
Can you write a simple example  ?

ShowFilePosition is clear , but private, I'm tempted to move it to public :) , more options too

Rares Dorin Porutiu

Sep 24, 2021, 1:01:09 PM9/24/21
to PyScripter
I moved it to public and it works perfectly , this is exactly what I was looking for :) THANK YOU
I will write again as I make progress with the IDE, maybe you can include the "UDP remote control" in pyscripter for all to have. I will send all modifications when ready.

Rares