new template

shlomo abuisak

Jun 18, 2024, 3:00:48 AMJun 18
to PyScripter
I have made a new template
now I want to add it to my user toolbar
can I? and how?

PyScripter

Jun 18, 2024, 5:00:43 AMJun 18
to PyScripter
I assume you refer to file templates.   I am afraid you cannot add the action of creating a file based on a file template to the user tool bar.  To create a new file you would have to use File, New, New File.

PyScripter

Jun 18, 2024, 5:06:31 AMJun 18
to PyScripter
Further to my previous reply, what you can do is to assign the New File.. command to the user toolbar.  This is how:
- Right click on the toolbars and check on the User Toolbar to make it visible.
- Right-click again on the toolbars and select Customize.
- Go to the Commands tab, find the File New.. command and drag it on the User toolbar.

PyScripter

Jun 18, 2024, 5:13:38 AMJun 18
to PyScripter
What you can also do is to change which template is used when you use the New Python Module command, using Tools, Options, IDE Options, IDE "File Template for new Python scripts".   By default it uses the File template "Python Script".

Of course you can also modify the "Python Script" file template.

shlomo abuisak

Jun 19, 2024, 2:29:33 AMJun 19
to PyScripter
This is what I all ready did

added to tool bar "new icon to open new

ב-יום שלישי, 18 ביוני 2024 בשעה 12:13:38 UTC+3, PyScripter כתב/ה:

shlomo abuisak

Jun 19, 2024, 2:35:13 AMJun 19
to PyScripter
Your last comments is my choice

ב-יום רביעי, 19 ביוני 2024 בשעה 09:29:33 UTC+3, ‪shlomo abuisak‬‏ כתב/ה: