python 3.4 still supported in new pyscripter 4.0.0.6?

Sinnach Daig

Jun 1, 2021, 1:05:17 PMJun 1
to PyScripter

Hi guys!

I just upgraded to 4.0.0.6 from 3.6.3 Pyscripter, and I realized my 3.4 python is not initialized. A had an error message with "PyScipter could not load a Python engine...."
After this the Python versions dialog came with my all installed 64bit python3+, and i could choose 3.5, 3.7, but 3.4 not...
Unfortunately I need 3.4 for my old librarys...

Br.
Sinnach

PyScripter

Jun 2, 2021, 12:15:52 PMJun 2
to PyScripter
I have not specifically blocked python 3.4.   But I also did not test whether PyScripter works with it.  Could it be that the python 3.4 fails to load for some other reason?

However,  I am currently implementing the Language Server Protocol planning to use  pappasam/jedi-language-server: A Python language server exclusively for Jedi. If Jedi supports it well, this language server should too. (github.com) to provide code completion etc.  Whilst this would improve the quality of code completion, it also means that the next version will only support python 3.6+.

Not ideal, but you can always use older versions of Pyscripter with older versions of python.

Sinnach Daig

Jun 2, 2021, 1:41:25 PMJun 2
to PyScripter
" Could it be that the python 3.4 fails to load for some other reason? "
I don't know. After I reverted to 3.6.4 Pyscripter, it works fine...
Is there some kind of log, what I could check?

PyScripter

Jun 4, 2021, 9:24:58 AMJun 4
to PyScripter
I am afraid there is no log file and the like.  The easiest thing is to try using PyScripter with Python 3.4 in a different computer.
Out of pure curiosity, what kind of script runs on python 3.4 but fails to run in python 3.5?

Sinnach Daig

Jun 25, 2021, 10:01:10 AMJun 25
to PyScripter
" Out of pure curiosity, what kind of script runs on python 3.4 but fails to run in python 3.5? "
The pywin32 v220 library. I created a test automation system for our software what we make. Since 221 version my system have an unknown anomaly and between two communications with window controls have irrelevant big pause. It means 1-3 sec between 2 action instead of 0.1 sec.
So until I don't find out, what is the solutions, I need to keep 3.4 python. And unfortunately I have some more important developments :)