macOS bundle of PySide6 app doesn't launch properly

Cirrocumulus

Sep 1, 2021, 4:58:27 AM9/1/21
to PyInstaller
Hello,

I'm using pyinstaller 4.5.1 to bundle a very simple, single window Qt (PySide6) application running under Python 3.9.6. The process finishes with no errors. However, when I double-click the app icon it launches:

- Without an icon in the dock
- Without a menu bar
- Cannot be brought to the foreground (but is visible in Mission Control)
- Can only be quite with a click on the red close button
- Doesn't accept keystrokes (which are sent to whatever other application window was last active instead)

The result is the same if I run the executable from within the .app bundle. However, if I run the executable from the folder in the dist folder (the one outside the bundle), it works as expected.

My .spec file:

app = BUNDLE(coll,
        name='myapp.app',
        icon=None,