Pyinstaller bootloader linking to zlib 1.2.12 on windows

raghu prasad

Apr 22, 2022, 4:32:03 AM4/22/22
to PyInstaller
Hi Team,

we are using pyinstaller in pur project to generate our application exe.
As part of the security scans we found that our application.exe is showing 1.2.11 version
zlib 1.2.11 is having vulnerabilites and need to be changed to 1.2.12

on doing some analysis what we found is pyinstaller 4.2 , bootloader code contains the zlib 1.2.11 reference.

so we wanted to check is there a plan to move to zlib 1.2.12 so that we can get some exception on our issue

please provide some inputs on this issue as we are very close to our release this week

Thanks a lot

Thanks,
Raghu