null bytes

Clifford Neal Simon

Aug 6, 2021, 3:27:40 AM8/6/21
to PyInstaller
Hello,
I am creating an application based on tkinter and matplotlib. I have a new problem when I launch the frozen app. Here is the minimal example that reproduces the problem:

(minimal.py)
from mpl_toolkits.mplot3d import Axes3D
print('hello world')

> python minimal.py
hello world

> pyinstaller minimal.py
(...)
> dist\minimal\minimal
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "minimal.py", line 2, in <module>
    print('hello world')
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
  File "PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 493, in exec_module
ValueError: source code string cannot contain null bytes
[2328] Failed to execute script 'minimal' due to unhandled exception!

OS: Windows
python 3.8.6
pyinstaller 4.4
matplotlib 3.4.2