How to use pip bundled with pyinstaller exe, to install python packages?

Swarnalatha G

Nov 15, 2022, 4:57:50 AM11/15/22
to PyInstaller
Hi
I would like some help with this.
I use Ubuntu 18 and Python3.11.
I have made One Directory exe with Pyinstaller.
I want to install a python package only after making the build.
In the target machine, I cannot install Python & Pip, so, can I use the Python and pip bundled in the exe to install packages?

Thanks
Swarna

Jasper Harrison

Nov 15, 2022, 6:37:56 AM11/15/22
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
You cannot use pip inside a bundled pyinstaller executable - as the other name for them (a frozen program) implies, it's quite a complex and difficult process to edit a frozen executable or its environment.

Jasper Harrison, aka Legorooj
Core Developer on PyInstaller

Nov 21, 2022, 4:01:36 AM11/21/22
to pyinstaller
Thank you.

Thanks
Swarna

---- On Tue, 15 Nov 2022 16:07:04 +0530 'Jasper Harrison' via PyInstaller <pyins...@googlegroups.com> wrote ---

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PyInstaller" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pyinstaller/9AXEoB28rpY0i1J1OBvtACUb1G01PEvl1tt4BYRHOtYhf_-ChlCfbMARubHGnIL1xObuHwgRr5I94En0DIna5oaqyVXYtb2G3Hb7s-mfpVc%3D%40protonmail.com.

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal

Nov 22, 2022, 7:28:22 AM11/22/22
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know you actual use cas, but a few possibilities:

Consider conda and “conda constructor” — it’s a way to make an installer for a fully functional self contained Python environment— it may support your use case.

2) depending on the package, you may be able to install a new Python package with a simple copy of a dir into the right place, rather than using pip.

HTH,
-CHB

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
Seattle, WA  98115       (206) 526-6317   main reception