exe made by pyinstaller stops suddenly

Massimo Manca

Sep 12, 2022, 3:31:16 AM9/12/22
to PyInstaller
I am using Eclipse/PyDev to develop Python application, in this case I need to make an exe from an application done with Python 3.8.6 32bits. The exe done by pyinstaller in onefile mode works perfectly but if I move it in any different folder it does not work. To be precise it starts and the kill itself in less than half of second without showing the GUI (I see it kills itself from the processes list). To use pyinstaller I am using auto-to-py-exe and the o.s. o the PC is Win7 SP1, the application has to work from Win7 and behind.