pyinstaller compatibility

Zylyco

May 8, 2022, 3:42:57 PM5/8/22
to pyins...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I use Ubuntu 22.04, pyinstaller 5.0.1, python 3.10 and wxPython 4.1.2a1.

My software runs well.

But I can't build the distribution package, even if I use "hidden-import". I don't have any building error, but the various libraries are not generated at all.

This is my spec file :

# -*- mode: python ; coding: utf-8 -*-

block_cipher = None

a = Analysis(
    ['myprogram.py'],
    pathex=[],
    binaries=[],
    datas=[],
    hiddenimports=['wx', 'reportlab', 'matplotlib', 'xlsxwriter', 'openpyxl'],
    hookspath=[],
    hooksconfig={},
    runtime_hooks=[],
    excludes=[],
    win_no_prefer_redirects=False,
    win_private_assemblies=False,
    cipher=block_cipher,
    noarchive=False,
)
pyz = PYZ(a.pure, a.zipped_data, cipher=block_cipher)

exe = EXE(
    pyz,
    a.scripts,
    [],
    exclude_binaries=True,
    name='myprogram',
    debug=False,
    bootloader_ignore_signals=False,
    strip=False,
    upx=True,
    console=False,
    disable_windowed_traceback=False,
    argv_emulation=False,
    target_arch=None,
    codesign_identity=None,
    entitlements_file=None,
)
coll = COLLECT(
    exe,
    a.binaries,
    a.zipfiles,
    a.datas,
    strip=False,
    upx=True,
    upx_exclude=[],
    name='myprogram',
)

Is there any incompatibility with the various programs I use ?

Thanks for reading, any help is welcome :)

Regis CARLES

May 27, 2022, 5:01:14 AM5/27/22
to PyInstaller
Problem solved with the new pyinstaller 5.1 version :)

note :
I deleted too " hiddenimports=['wx', 'reportlab', 'matplotlib', 'xlsxwriter', 'openpyxl'] " which was not necessary...