CAN I HAVE PyInstaller embedded in the APP.EXE ?

Bahri zakaria

Dec 5, 2022, 12:33:27 PM12/5/22
to PyInstaller
APP.EXE.pngHi,

I am trying to create an exe application that has photos as input and an .exe file as output using the pyinstaller module
CAN I HAVE PyInstaller embedded in the APP.EXE ?
PS:APP.EXE can run on any computer so the user dont have to install Python or have venv

please help !!

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal

Dec 6, 2022, 3:16:44 AM12/6/22
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
I’m going to guess that it could be made to work, but will be ugly.

Is the only thing custom about the output app the new images? If so, I Would look into creating a full template app with pyInstaller and then simply replace the images with the custom ones to make the custom app, rather than rebuilding the entire thing from scratch.

-CHB

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
Seattle, WA  98115       (206) 526-6317   main reception

On Dec 5, 2022, at 9:33 AM, Bahri zakaria <amazonw...@gmail.com> wrote:

<APP.EXE.png>

Jasper Harrison

Dec 6, 2022, 3:47:36 AM12/6/22
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
It isn't possible to bundle PyInstaller with PyInstaller, and last I checked, you'd need to modify PyInstaller itself, not just add hooks, to make it work. Additionally, we do not support this, so while you can feel free to attempt this yourself, we won't be able to help, sorry.

Jasper Harrison, aka Legorooj
Core Developer on PyInstaller