--one-file issues with datas

Glen Rubin

Mar 6, 2023, 3:37:23 AM3/6/23
to PyInstaller
Bundled app works fine!

However, when I try to generate one-file format from Pyinstaller it seems that my datas file list is not adding to the executable.  I have source and target paths correct in datas:

 Any hints on what to do??  here is my spec file:

# -*- mode: python ; coding: utf-8 -*-

block_cipher = None

a = Analysis(
    ['C:\\Users\\rubin\\Desktop\\GlucoseDelayMap\\gludelaymapfinal\\gludelaymap.py'],
    pathex=[],
    binaries=[],
    datas=[('C:\\Users\\rubin\\Desktop\\GlucoseDelayMap\\gludelaymapfinal\\pbio.2005143.s010.csv', '.')],
    hiddenimports=[],
    hookspath=[],
    hooksconfig={},
    runtime_hooks=[],
    excludes=[],
    win_no_prefer_redirects=False,
    win_private_assemblies=False,
    cipher=block_cipher,
    noarchive=False,
)
pyz = PYZ(a.pure, a.zipped_data, cipher=block_cipher)

exe = EXE(
    pyz,
    a.scripts,
    a.binaries,
    a.zipfiles,
    a.datas,
    [],
    name='gludelaymap',
    debug=False,
    bootloader_ignore_signals=False,
    strip=False,
    upx=True,
    upx_exclude=[],
    runtime_tmpdir=None,
    console=True,
    disable_windowed_traceback=False,
    argv_emulation=False,
    target_arch=None,
    codesign_identity=None,
    entitlements_file=None,
    icon=['C:\\Users\\rubin\\Desktop\\GlucoseDelayMap\\gludelaymapfinal\\monitoring-svgrepo-com.png'],
)

Glen Rubin

Mar 6, 2023, 12:41:53 PM3/6/23
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
I found a recent working solution by muyustan on stackoverflow,  python - Bundling data files with PyInstaller (--onefile) - Stack Overflow
I was led to it by trying a program by auto-py-to-exe, which is very good and I recommend.
It seems crazy to me that this doesn't get prominent billing on the PyInstaller user guide.