Fwd: Session on "cleantech entrepreneurship opportunities" - 18 July 2014 @ MCCIA, Pune

amparanjape .

Jul 15, 2014, 6:05:40 AM7/15/14
to Anil Paranjape
Hi,

announcing an event on coming Friday that you may be interested in.  Please attend and circulate widely in your organizations and networks.

thx
anil
Anil M. Paranjape
Cell: +91-901-105-6303
Profile: LinkedIn

View this email in your browser

Date and time:
5:30 PM, 18 July (Friday)

Venue:
MCCIA Trade Tower
Rm 4-5
Senapati Bapat Road.
Event is free and open to everyone.
No registration necessary.
Seating is on first-come-first-seated basis.
The Infuse team will be available on 19 July, for 1-on-1 meetings with any current or aspiring cleantech entrepreneurs.
infuseventures.in
@InfuseVentures

Cleantech entrepreneurship

Exploring the boundaries

Infuse Ventures, India's largest early-stage cleantech VC fund, in partnership with MCCIA, TiE-Pune and POCC, would like to invite you for a unique event on Friday, 18 July 2014 at the MCCIA Trade Tower, Pune. The event will focus on the 'breadth of entrepreneurial opportunities in cleantech'. While we will outline the ever-expanding boundaries of cleantech, we will also specifically focus on 'the role of IT, data analytics and internet of things (IoT) in cleantech'.

Traditionally, the cleantech sector has been equated with extensive R&D, technology-heavy and project businesses that require huge capital investment. However, things have been changing. In the west, many different businesses have come up in the clean technology space that rely heavily on data capture, data sharing and analytics to enable energy and resource efficiency and promote sustainability in homes and across commercial and industrial set-ups. The importance of data and the ability to learn and act based on it is changing the paradigm of looking at the clean technology space.

We hope this session will throw open a new area of potential growth for entrepreneurs who are already in either the cleantech space or IT, data analytics and IoT space.  Additionally, we hope this session will help you take a fresh look at your (or your company's) current capabilities from a fast-evolving cleantech perspective.  We believe that the cleantech opportunity is as immense as the web itself, since it increasingly touches every aspect of how we live, work and play.

At the event, you will also get an opportunity to listen to a few exemplary entrepreneurs who re-purposed or applied their non-cleantech capabilities to the cleantech field.

The event is free and open to everyone.  No registration is necessary.  The seating is on a first-come-first-seated basis. The Infuse team will be on hand on the following day, 19 July, for 1-on-1 meetings with any current or aspiring cleantech entrepreneurs.

About Infuse Ventures:
Infuse is an early stage venture capital fund set up and managed by the Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, with a mandate to develop, promote and invest in early stage cleantech & sustainable energy ventures from India.

The Infuse ecosystem was created through a unique public-private-academia collaboration between IIM Ahmedabad, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (Govt. of India), Technology Development Board (Govt. of India), BP India and the International Finance Corporation (IFC, a body of the World Bank). In addition to these, many other partners - SIDBI, ICICI Bank, Bank of India, Union Bank and Godrej Industries - have come onboard. Infuse supports seed and early stage enterprises developing new business models across the renewable energy, resource efficiency, waste, water, sustainable agriculture and other sustainability-related areas.

Infuse builds capacity in aspiring cleantech entrepreneurs through a unique “ecosystem development” program – various initiatives aimed at nurturing and creating a thriving support ecosystem for producing cleantech entrepreneurs and startups.