Now Available: BLOOD 'N' THUNDER 12/13

Ed

Mar 28, 2006, 10:05:51 PM3/28/06
to PulpCollectors
The long-awaited double issue of BLOOD 'N' THUNDER (12/13) is finally
here, and we believe you'll find it well worth the wait! We've
crammed in some 40,000 words of copy-enough for a short novel. And
we've made room for nearly five dozen reproductions of pulp covers,
black-and-white illustrations, and photographs. Subscriber copies will
be mailed over the next several days in various batches; by week's end
they'll all be out.

In "An Author in Search of His Genre," Brian Taves analyzes the
earliest pulp stories written by Talbot Mundy-stories in which the
king of high adventure developed his themes and style. John Locke uses
dozens of excerpts from articles penned for writers' magazines to
flesh out his profile of all-but-forgotten pulp humorist and
detective-story scribe Thomas Thursday, "A Beezark from the
Bozarks." And Ed Hulse continues his informal survey of a great pulp
magazine in "The Glories of SHORT STORIES: The Thirties." Any one
of these lengthy articles would dominate an average issue of BnT.

Also: "The Amazing Adventure of Old Marvel," Joe Rainone's report
on a 19th-century story-paper sleuth who predated, and possibly
influenced the creation of, the immortal Sherlock Holmes. In this
issue's installment of "Tricks of the Trade," Alfred Jan
documents Cornell Woolrich's "double-dipping," the practice of
selling the same story to two magazines. Joe McNeill and Steve Korn
weigh in with a look at the 1932 George O'Brien thriller MYSTERY
RANCH, the seminal "Western Gothic" film. Monte Herridge makes his
BnT debut with a "Series Spotlight" piece on private eye Pat
Oberron, the creation of G. T. Fleming-Roberts. And we begin a new
department, "From the Reading Room."

This issue's price is $12.00. Anybody who doesn't already have my
address can contact me via e-mail at bloodn...@optonline.net for
additional info.

William Lampkin

May 2, 2006, 11:48:47 AM5/2/06
to PulpCol...@googlegroups.com

It's May, so time for a new pulp T-shirt from ThePulp.Net. This month's
design is called "dime," and once you see it, you'll know why. It recalls
the days when your next adventure was just a dime away! Take a look at
<http://thepulp.net/PulpStuff/>. (Oh, this month's design is also available
in a black T-shirt.)

While you're there, download the two new pulp wallpapers for May. We've
removed two older ones. So if you don't have the ones up there now, get 'em
before they're gone!

Then, click over to the new PulpWiki <http://thepulp.net/PulpWiki/> and
share some of the knowledge you have about your favorite pulp, pulp
character or pulp contributor by editing or updating an entry on PulpWiki.

Cheers, pulp fans!

- William
--
William Lampkin
rea...@ThePulp.Net

http://ThePulp.Net -- Your link to the online world of the pulp magazines!
Introducing PulpWiki, the online encyclopedia of the pulp magazines.