After meeting report and ...

pulps1st

Dec 13, 2009, 11:59:39 AM12/13/09
to PulpCollectors
We met yesterday and for the first time hit double digits in
attendance!

Did you know November 2009 was the anniversary of our 4th year
meeting? Wow. They've all been fun too.

It seems the new part of our meeting where people talk about a pulp
story or pulp reprint they've read is a hit. Most of our attending
members spoke about a story or pulp they liked or disliked.

David Saunders told us how he disliked the Doc Savage reprint "Devil
in the Moon." I liked a short story from a 1938 issue of Detective
Fiction Weekly by Norman Daniels. Ed Hulse told us he disliked the
Suicide Squad, Ghost, and G-X Phantom stories in a 1943 Ace G-Man.
Leo spoke about a Captain Future reprint by Adventure House (found the
story lacking), and Mike read a Black Bat story from High Adventure
reprinted from a 1941 issue of
Black Book Detective. Charles showed us a hardcover from 1931
reprinting an Argosy serial by Frank L. Packard which he did like,
being about an adventure ending in Malaysia about murder, intrigue,
and survival.

We spoke about other pulp related issues including films and such.

Then we moved from the library to the nearby Dunkin Donuts for coffee
and such and talked for a couple of hours more.

For those interested in the next meeting date, you can always go to
gothampulpcollectors.com

Mark