PULP ADVENTURECON Update Nov. 11, 2006 Bordentown NJ

1 view

boldvent...@aol.com

Oct 6, 2006, 4:46:07 PM10/6/06
to PulpCollectors
Hello, Folks:
PULP ADVENTURECON
Ramada Inn, Bordentown, NJ
November 11, 2006

All 48 tables in our main dealer room are sold out. We may arrange for
more dealers to display in a secondary room, at a reduced rate. There
will be an updated list of dealers, and possibly some announcements
regarding doorprizes. We'll update the site this evening (Friday), so
you should find all the latest dirt tomorrow.

When you're out and about, making the rounds of antique shops and flea
markets, be certain to pick up PAPER & ADVERTISING COLLECTORS
MARKETPLACE (November 2006) and ANTIQUES & AUCTION NEWS (October 6,
2006). Both issues feature a lengthy article by Rich Harvey ("Fifty
Years After Their Demise, Pulp Magazines Still Pack a Collectible
Wallop") and a sidebar ("What Is A Pulp, Anyway?") promoting the Pulp
Adventurecon. Pulp covers of The Spider, Wild West Weekly, All-Story
Love and The All-Story (featuring Tarzan of the Apes) illustrate the
article. These are free newspapers, distributed to shows and flea
markets. Both are published by Joel Sater Publications, Mount Joy, PA.

For those traveling from afar, the Ramada Inn of Bordentown has offered
a room rate of $69.00 per evening on Friday (Nov. 10) and Saturday
(Nov. 11) for people attending the show. Meanwhile, the Days Inn
(located two doors down) has offered a room rate of $60 for Nov. 10 &
11 for show attendees. If you've thinking of making the trek, and
mulling over the possibility of spending the evening, book early.
These hotels are conveniently located just off the NJ Turnpike Exit 7,
and can fill up on weekends with weary travelers. Some dealers waited
until the last minute, in 2005, and paid comparable prices for less
pleasant motels.

Hope to see many of you at the show.

www.boldventurepress.com

boldvent...@aol.com