the spider master of men costly reprints!

michael chatterton

Aug 25, 2009, 9:50:08 AM8/25/09
to pulpcol...@googlegroups.com, cha...@sbcglobal.net
  why are the reprints of the spider so costly ,they are higher than the shadow or doc savage reprints? is there any place that sells them less costly? i tried bud plant and taw
and they are a little high, i really enjoy reading them but i am on a fixed income
and can not afford to pay 20-30 dollars a piece for them!

fading...@juno.com

Aug 25, 2009, 11:13:00 AM8/25/09
to pulpcol...@googlegroups.com
Michael,
There are probably several reasons why the new Spider reprints are so expensive. Number One being the cost of doing business with the copyright holder, I imagine. Do you have all of the paperback reprints that have been released? They are your best bet. I see these in used bookstores all the time, priced for a few dollars each. I think the Replicas of the Spider pulps are selling for $35.00 each, which is high, but a lot cheaper than the original pulp magazine. Are you a Member of the Yahoo Groups, Action Sixties? There are lots of paperback collectors on the Group, and some may have The Spider. I was lucky, collecting the original pulps back in the 1970s, and obtained the complete run fairly cheap. I may have some of the old paperbacks for trade, not sure. I would have to check.
Tom

Lose up to 20 lbs in one month with a new diet. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsEGrFQ52hLbEVPlsLauKiffqFb5ZVObmKCaullQpr94umZOV1tmpy/