The Shadow reprints

hey_j...@hotmail.com

Apr 15, 2006, 7:35:51 PM4/15/06
to PulpCollectors
Hi! I'm looking for covers of the Belmont 'The Shadow' paperbacks; can
someone point me in the right direction? Also, are the 60's Belmont
paperbacks reprints of original pulp novels, or are they new stories
penned by Maxwell Grant?

m...@pulps1st.com

Apr 15, 2006, 8:33:36 PM4/15/06
to PulpCollectors
The Belmont Shadow paperbacks were not reprints of the pulp series, but
new stories. Only the first one was written by Walter B. Gibson as
Maxwell Grant. The others were written by someone else. I think his
name was Lind.

Unfortunately, they weren't very good and were trying to create a
series as if the Shadow were a spy instead of a crime fighter. Belmont
was trying to compete with the Man from U.N.C.L.E.,. James Bond, Flint,
and others of the genre.

Mark

Bill Thom

Apr 15, 2006, 8:41:59 PM4/15/06
to PulpCol...@googlegroups.com
I have the books and can scan the covers if that helps.
The stories are all new.
The first is written by Walter Gibson.
The rest are written by Dennis Lynds

--The Shadow Strikes, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1964.
--Shadow Beware, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1965.
--Cry Shadow, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1965.
--The Shadow' Revenge, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1965.
--Mark of the Shadow, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1966.
--Shadow Go Mad, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1966.
--The Night of the Shadow, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1966.
--The Shadow: Destination Moon, Belmont-Tower, New York, 1967.

Bill Thom
Coming Attractions
http://members.cox.net/comingattractions/index.html
Pulp Series Character Reprint Index
http://members.cox.net/pulpreprintindex/index.html
The Works of Robert E. Howard
http://howardworks.com/

tom ginger

Apr 15, 2006, 9:36:59 PM4/15/06
to PulpCol...@googlegroups.com
Dennis Lynds, who passed away a while back was writing the Man From
U.N.C.L.E. and Mike Shayne stories for Leo Margulies' magazines. I
actually enjoyed his Shadow novels, and wrote the booklet, "From Shadow
To Superman" about Lynds' Shadow stories.
Tom