MySQL Prepared Statements - Native vs. PDO?

ashore

Jan 7, 2017, 1:12:56 PM1/7/17
to Professional PHP Developers
All, any reason to pick one over the other?

That is, other than the acknowledged advantage of PDO re moving applications to other db engines?

John Gould

Jan 9, 2017, 12:22:22 AM1/9/17
to professi...@googlegroups.com
I think you hit the major one. It's very transportable. Once you get used to using PDO, I doubt you'll want to go back. My .02 anyway.

This group is managed by the web application development team at www.360psg.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Professional PHP Developers" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/professional-php.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/professional-php/838306b4-cb6e-4264-8f7b-4c47c785f15d%40googlegroups.com.