Vacoular or plasma membrane protein?

Emad ALBAROUKI

Mar 23, 2011, 6:46:48 AM3/23/11
to Predict...@googlegroups.com

Hello ,

I have a question concerning a plasma membrane protein, which have been expected using different proteomic software to be localized on the plasma membrane.

After tagging with gfp it looks to be localized in more than 80%  on vesicle structures which we assumed to be vacuoles.

Is it possible to be a bifunctional protein such as transporter on plasma membrane and vacuole? or that could be an artifact of gfp fusion process?

Is there any programs or software can discriminate between both compartment’s proteins?

Thank you for your help in advance

Emad