meaning of ISIS scores?

Alison

Dec 14, 2011, 7:15:23 PM12/14/11
to PredictProtein
Hello,

ISIS produced an interesting result for a novel protein I'm working
with, and I was wondering if anyone could provide me with more
information about what different scores mean in ISIS.

For instance, in a novel 237 aa domain, 202 residues have ISIS scores
greater than 0, 105 residues have ISIS scores > 20, and 6 residues
have ISIS scores > 40. The other two domains of the protein have ISIS
scores mostly less than 0. So, knowing what is a reasonable
significance threshold in the predicted interactor domain, and a
little more about where these scores come from, would make a big
difference in interpreting what portion, if any, of the first domain
is likely to be responsible for our predicted protein/protein
interaction.

Thanks for any help you have,

Alison

Luke Nitish

Feb 28, 2012, 1:25:53 PM2/28/12
to Alison, PredictProtein
Hi,
I 'm also using the ISIS server to predict protein Hotspots, can anyone give some description about the scores (that are generated). Alison if you have found some information on these scores can you share them.

Thanks,

This group is affiliated with the PredictProtein server - http://www.predictprotein.org/.
PredictProtein is an Internet service for sequence analysis and the prediction of protein structure and function from sequence.
To get PredictProtein news and updates follow us on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/rostlab

--
Luke Nitish

University of Colombo School of Computing
http://www.ucsc.cmb.ac.lk