food and snacks June 25th

Sarah Moore

Jun 20, 2011, 1:58:48 PM6/20/11
to power_d...@googlegroups.com, Rachel Gross, Transitio...@yahoogroups.com, TheVictoryGardenInitiative
hey does anyone want to help contribute some yummies for the power down
kick off June 25? We are teaming up with the riverwest community dinner
which features fresh and local food. And one VGI bomb shell has said
she will contribute something all ready, But I want to make sure there
is enough food for everyone.

Sarah

Sarah Moore

Jun 20, 2011, 7:45:11 PM6/20/11
to power_d...@googlegroups.com, Transitio...@yahoogroups.com
hey, If anyone wants to help us share fresh local food at the kick off
but you don't want to cook you can come by the Pink House 601 E Wright
tonight and help pay for a growing power basket that the community
dinner will make into food for everyone on Saturday. Growing power
members have already been supporting this event a lot.

Also we got nice press today for power down week and Cream City Rickshaw
http://www.radiomilwaukee.org/initiatives/neighborhood-project/transition-milwaukee-teams-cream-city-rickshaw-create-pedal-generat

SArah

Virginia Cassel

Jun 23, 2011, 11:23:10 AM6/23/11
to power_d...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring something - would it be more helpful to have ingredients or
pre-made food? I can do either. Let me know what you might be short
on. :)
Virginia

Sarah Moore

Jun 23, 2011, 2:28:06 PM6/23/11
to power_d...@googlegroups.com, Claire Moore, Jen W
Awesome.

Any snacky food would be wonderful. pre-made I think would be best. I
think chips, salsa and maybe a cabbage salad at the pink house and maybe
some bread and dipping sauce.

if you want to contribute to the smoothies and ice cream social in which
case ingredients are a good idea; ice, fruit, creamy stuff, yougurt...

There will be a community dinner down the street and if you want to
bring a dinner dish I bet Jen would let us contribute it that. the
focus of the dinner is fresh and in season and/or local, healthy and
yummy! We are going to try and get people to go up and down the block
on the rickshaw.