'real' support available?

lance raymond

Feb 23, 2009, 9:42:11 PM2/23/09
to PostiniSuppor...@googlegroups.com
ok, this may sound pretty direct but is there real support?

We have had postini for years (before google bought them), the guy who setup things left, I am trying something as simple as adding a user, but having some problems.  I don't see a phone number anywhere, yet we still pay annual for the product.

I did post a question to the group without so much as a try this, or maybe that, and the problem is a joke.  I show a handful of people (38), I try to add one and get to many users.  Delete 2, so now it shows 36, I say add and get the same error.  And then to add insult you can't call someone!

Please tell me I'm wrong and just missed the number, or there are people paid to support the app!

Thanks

FrankM

Feb 23, 2009, 10:36:08 PM2/23/09
to Postini Support for Policy Management and Message Recovery for Google Apps
OK. What service are you using? This forum is for Google Apps users
that subscribe to Postini services. I'll assume you may be using the
legacy Enterprise service?

If so, you should have an admin user and password for the Postini
support portal.

If you don't have this information, start here, https://www.postini.com/support/login_help.php
to create a new admin account.

FrankM

lance raymond

Feb 23, 2009, 10:42:18 PM2/23/09
to PostiniSuppor...@googlegroups.com
Honestly, I am not sure. I am going back/forth with Google regarding moving our mail to them (via GoogleApps), but that won't be for another 3-6months as with mail, users, etc. I need to plan this out.

So for now, I simply goto login.postini.com, login, goto system administration and that is where everything/everyone is.  The link you showed looks promising, I did create a login (now have to wait 24 hours) but hey!  at least it looks promising.

Thanks for the post.

FrankM

Feb 23, 2009, 11:15:26 PM2/23/09
to Postini Support for Policy Management and Message Recovery for Google Apps
That link is all you got for now and you should be fine. Moving to
Google Apps is a good choice if you want to do away with handling your
own mail server. But be aware that your support options are different
between the Standard and Premier Edition.

FrankM
> > > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Google Message Security Advisor Phil

Feb 24, 2009, 1:58:26 PM2/24/09
to Postini Support for Policy Management and Message Recovery for Google Apps
Hi lance raymond,

As FrankM mentioned, we'd need to know the domain you're working with,
before we can point you in the right direction for the support portal.
I'm contacting the support team, and they'll send you a message
offline.

Have an outstanding day!

Phil