Extension or On Hold Quota

David Cifuentes

Jan 22, 2009, 1:42:46 PM1/22/09
to Postini Support for Policy Management and Message Recovery for Google Apps
Hi,

What is the quota for the messages that are on extension or on hold
beyond the retention period in Message Discovery. I can't find the
actual number in the documentation:
http://www.postini.com/webdocs/pgmr_mr_user/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href=results.html#964898

Does it depends on the number of users? or in the retention period? is
it a fixed size?

Thanks,

David Cifuentes
Eforcers.com
Bogotá, Colombia

FrankM - Power Poster

Jan 22, 2009, 5:23:32 PM1/22/09
to Postini Support for Policy Management and Message Recovery for Google Apps
Message Discovery sets the retention period for all messages in your
archive according to you company’s Message Discovery contract.
Messages can’t be deleted from the archive until their retention
periods expire.

However, you can extend the original retention period for the messages
in saved search results. For example, if you are conducting an
investigation and you want to ensure that the messages you retrieved
are not deleted, you can select an option to place the results “on
hold.”

Important: If the original retention periods for messages you place on
hold expire, there may be a charge to retain those messages in the
archive. For more information, ask your Message Discovery
administrator.

You can set the following retention periods for messages in saved
search results:

Not on hold: Messages retain the original retention periods that
Message Discovery applied to them.

Hold indefinitely: Extends the retention period for the messages
indefinitely.

Hold until specific date: Extends the retention period for messages
until the date you specify.

Note: If you delete saved results that you place on hold, Message
Discovery removes the hold and re-applies the original retention
period.
You can set the retention period for search results when you first
save them or at any time by editing them.

Reference: Managing Investigations ->Manage Saved Search Results for
an Investigation -> Place a Hold on Saved Search Results
http://www.postini.com/webdocs/pgmr_mr_user/investig.html#964031