I have 7 days to file the RACC grant to help fund the Poetry Box Event. I need help with a few things...
1. Venue--One that can handle around 50 boxes on 4" by 4" by 6' posts. Preferably a pedestrian heavy park (Pioneer Square or Waterfront Park would be ideal)
2. Poetry Box builders -- Especially you John and Doug.
3. A website--nothing fancy just a Wordpress site or an expansion upon the poetrybox.info site compatible with all browsers.
4. Building the buzz--get the facebookers to like Poetry Box
5. Funding--email promises of cash which can go toward construction costs of the Poetry Boxes. A Kickstarter will help with this. No money right now just a committment to donate so RACC can match the funds. RACC emphasizes paying the actual artists so the budget will mainly go to the poets and the box builders.
6. Poems -- The grant will be to encourage the writing of poetry and the sharing of poetry. I need new, old, published unpublished poems which fit the parameters of Poetry Box displays. ( Body of the poem parameters...Max line length: 60 16 font characters including spaces. Max line number: 30 including breaks) Title, byline, poem, and 160 characters including spaces for publishing, dedication, explanation, or etc. notes. Themes of walking, neighborhood, nature are encouraged but need not be central. Poems which are publicly inappropriate, hateful, or vulgar will be at a discreet disadvantage.
If you think of other ways to help, please clue me in.
PO Box 1552
Lake Oswego OR 97035