Poetry Boxes 2014

David Cooke

Feb 3, 2014, 8:37:09 PM2/3/14
to Matt Blair, da...@poetryboxes.com, Poetry Posts
Hello Matt and fellow Poetry Boxers,
What's happening in the Poetry Box world? There is a lot going on this year already at https://www.facebook.com/PoetryBox. Hardwood, weatherproof and beautiful Poetry Boxes are popping up all around town. Pictures and some locations are available there. Speaking of locations, how is the Poetry Box app going?
I also want to put it out there that I am thinking of forming a 501 for the promotion of Poetry Boxes. If anyone is interested in brainstorming on moving forward with a non-profit or partnering with an existing non-profit please contact me. First order of business would be to get Poetryboxes.com cleaned up and also set up suppliers, builders, designers, poets, curators, sponsors/advertisers, and support staff lists.

Thank you,
David Cooke

Matt Blair

Feb 9, 2014, 3:43:23 PM2/9/14
to David Cooke, da...@poetryboxes.com, Poetry Posts
Hey David,

Congrats on the progress! I saw the post you made for Sage Cohen on
Facebook last week.

I had a bit of a setback on the whole map/app project last year. The
data/photo hosting service provider I originally used for the map
started to get really unreliable, and I noticed the web-based map was
failing more often than not. (I'm using the same provider to host the
public art app images, too, and you may have noticed frequent failures
if you use that app.)

I'm part of the way through an overhaul, which includes migrating it
to a completely different technology platform that I'll have more
control over, and will allow more hosting options in the future. I
knew I would have to do this at some point, just didn't realize I'd
have to do it before launching the app. But if I don't, then the app
will appear without a functional website, and I also can't build out
or test the submission process.

Given that I've got to fit all this work in-between funded projects
that actually pay the bills, I hesitate to make any promises about
when all this will be ready. As ever, it feels like one step forward,
two steps sideways!

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm,

Matt

--