Get in the box Poetry boxes

David Cooke

Apr 27, 2012, 1:15:11 PM4/27/12
Hello everybody,
    As the weather warms and pedestrians crowd the walkways the poems in Poetry Boxes are getting their own special sunshine. Some have voiced concern about posting poems by their favorite poets. I am putting it out there that the Poetry Boxers have my go ahead to use any of my published poems in their boxes. Although I don't think this will sooth too many people's minds, if each of YOU make the same pledge it will go a long way toward assuaging the copyright conscious population. All I am asking is that the poem by printed in the same format it appears when published (afterall I struggle with those line breaks) with my name and the publisher.

    For the more information about Poetry Boxes go to

Join me in getting your poems out in the sunshine!
Best regards,
David Cooke
Poet
PO Box 1552
Lake Oswego OR 97035

Tony

Apr 27, 2012, 2:05:49 PM4/27/12
to portland...@googlegroups.com
way to go, Dave.  Maybe you will set a trend out there.  I have received copyright permission from the poets of Fault Lines so that the public can download their poems from our website for their poetry posts or simply to give to friends.  Provided the name of the poet remains on the poem.  tony pfannenstiel

Zach Moser

Apr 27, 2012, 6:25:23 PM4/27/12
to portland...@googlegroups.com
Another thing that can help is to clearly label your poems as Creative Commons.

On that note, I wonder if there is any Creative Common repository of poems.

mu,
Zaq Mosher
(503)308-8459
@wwjimd

David Cooke

May 1, 2012, 12:26:39 PM5/1/12
to portland...@googlegroups.com

Cool Zach, I'll put a link to the site on the facebook page. The licenses they have are even more general than what I am asking. I want the Poetry Boxers to have permission to post poems but not necessarily to distribute them. I also wonder if it constitutes commericial use if, let's say, a coffee shop has a poetry box?
David