Food drive at Shrevewood Elementary

Linda Dono

Jun 7, 2020, 3:32:30 PM6/7/20
to GoogleGroup PHCA

Hi, folks,

It's been a month since Keith put the word out about the Food for Others food drive that happens every weekend Friday through Sunday at Shrevewood Elementary.

I'm hoping that I managed to get there at about 3 p.m. today right after someone came by to take some food back to the Merrifield charity. Nothing was in the bins when I stopped by to put a few things in.

(This is a contactless food drive. No one is there. Drop off the items, and Food for Others volunteers empty the bins each evening Friday to Sunday.)

Even though some folks are getting back to work, others still are not. The unemployment office is woefully behind in processing paperwork for benefits, and those who are starting to get a paycheck again probably need to pay rent first.

So the need continues to be great. If you're going to the store or ordering, I hope you'll try to pick up a few additional items to donate each week. And if you've found that you have extra items that you might have bought in bulk almost three months ago but haven't eaten, those things could be put to good use right here.

I hope you're staying safe and healthy. Please look at the original email below for the items needed most, and remember that those aren't the only food that is accepted.

Thank you in advance.

Linda

===